Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The break up....

Well it happened. My agent and I broke up, or at least our parting seems that way. Its been a long time coming and I have absolutely NO hard feelings about how things have turned out. He's a great guy who afforded me an opportunity that I might not have realized was out there. However, dealing with my agent is a bit tricky. He has a big ego, so you have to tread with care. Everything has to appear to be is idea and although I really need his help, I practically beg for his wealth of knowledge. Those that know me, know I'm a no nonsense kind of girl. I'm direct, straight to the point and will typically not kiss ass. I'm a passive A type personality. This gets me in more trouble than not with clients. Today was an exception. I need my agents help and truth be told, we actually need each other.

Now, I'm beginning the daunting task of starting essentially my own business. Its going to be a long road ahead and I have to do it in a short amount of time. Meetings, Meetings, Meetings....