Monday, February 1, 2010

When the worlds collide.....

It generally doesn't happen; but every time you open the door, you run the risk of having someone that knows in you in your "real" life be on the other side. This story comes in a round about way, so just bare with me. Several months ago, I totaled my car in an accident. Luckily, no one was hurt, but it left me car-less. So as anyone would do, it went shopping for a used car. I looked at several ones that were for sale by owner and finally decided on the car I wanted and bought. Last December, I had a client that I didn't recognize and we were talking about cars and how he just sold a car like mine to someone (It wasn't me). Now that I'm independent, this same client called for an appointment to which naturally I said yes. Through some text messages he mentioned that I had a twin that looked at his car and said my real name. Of course right now, I'm freaking out. Its one thing to give a client your real name with time. Its another to have them know you outside of this. Its the loss of control that is the most panicking feeling. Now I have some decisions to make. Do I fess up that it was, in fact me, and let him know my real name? Do I continue to deny it? Do I even contact him and keep the appointment? Or simply just ignore him? Decisions, decisions...